CELL’s newest program!
Are you ready to go beyond fetching coffee and filing papers? We want you to do REAL work, and have a REAL impact! CELL’s Virtual Internship Program (VIP) is a unique internship program designed to introduce college students to CELL, the principles of sustainability, and nonprofits. All VIP positions offer a 20 to 40 hour per week experience for 12 to 15 weeks. Internships begin January 2013, June 2013, and September 2013.
Sustainability through life, work, and community
CELL is a nonprofit educational organization inspiring students (our future leaders) to bring creative, systemic solutions and environmental stewardship to their individual lives and leadership positions. It is often assumed that ecological sustainability and business are mutually exclusive. VIP was designed to demonstrate that this is not the case. As a Virtual Intern, you will learn the principles of ecological sustainability as it applies to your life, your work, and your community.
Virtual work, real impact
The other component of VIP is to provide young leaders with real-world, practical business experience. Too often, interns are overlooked and undervalued. Our goal is to give you the tools and skills necessary to succeed in any business: nonprofit, profit, or otherwise.
You’ll learn these skills by doing real, valuable work as a part of the CELL Team. Regardless of where you are physically, you will be working closely with one another. One example of the collaborative nature of this internship is the newsletter. The first class of Virtual Interns will be responsible for designing a monthly e-newsletter.
- The Interns, as a team, will choose a theme for the month.
- The Marketing and Design Intern will be responsible for creating a design that reflects both the CELL brand and the monthly theme.
- The Content Intern will supply recent blog articles and videos.
- The Alumni Relations Intern will supply recent CELL Alum updates, including Action Plan features.
- The Technology Intern will then code the e-newsletter in HTML, optimized for emailing.
- The Alumni Relations Intern will send the e-newsletter to all Alums in the weekly email blast.
- The Content Intern will share the e-newsletter with all volunteer bloggers and blog contacts
- The Marketing and Design Intern will share the e-newsletter on various social media platforms.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org