Five reasons to ride your bike:
- Riding at moderate speed burns over 500 calories per hour.
- The average person loses 13 pounds in their first year of commuting via bicycle.
- Most car trips in the US are shorter than 3 miles. That may be less than 15 minutes on a bike!
- 60% of all pollution created by cars happen in the first few minutes, before pollution control devices kick in.
- Because it is fun! Remember biking as a child? Well, if you have forgotten what that is like, stick a baseball card in your spokes, and hit the road!
Check out some of these other facts about biking:
Just be sure you stay in the bike lane!
What are your thoughts about bike lanes? Should cities make bike safety a priority?